Did you mean: 
Highlighted
stevejenkins
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Infinity 2 wifi drop outs/disconnects/slows

Hi,

A new poster - and not very tech savvy,,

Had BT Infinity 2 unlimited installed with HH5 over a month ago.  Getting a lot of issues with wifi signal dropping out/disconnecting and running very slowly at times e,g, down to 8mbs down, 3 mbs upload.

House is <5 yrs old and infinity engineer installing put new socket plate in with seperate feed for phone and infinity.

Having searched on the forums through today, I have tried the 'quiet line' test (was quiet!) and when I have run various speed tests to apple imac via ethernet, the speeds are approching 68mps/18mps.

Going into HH advanced settings I see the wifi signal strength indicator is amber line, appears to suggesr c 65% strength on both 2.4 and 5.  All I have done is to turn off the smart set up item, as suggested in the forum here.

Not sure if below will be helpful to anyone reading, but tried a screen shot of latest entries in Screen Shot 2015-02-16 at 21.31.21.pngHH5 event log

Appreciate if anyone can give me some advice, or do I need to go to BT call centre for this?

Many thanks

Steve

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
stevejenkins
Beginner
Message 2 of 2

Re: Infinity 2 wifi drop outs/disconnects/slows

Hi all,

Broadband via ethernet seemed to be working fine this morning , but dropped out again with HH5 going green and amber before back to blue;

Have attached the latest from event log below, be helpful if anyone can provide any thoughts on whether what it is showing is usual.  

Noone else using broadband in the house, bar me.

Thanks

Steve

Screen Shot 2015-02-17 at 13.52.37.png

Screen Shot 2015-02-17 at 13.46.54.png

0 Ratings