cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stretford35
Message 1 of 4

Infinity 3 Connecton & Speed issues

Morning all,

I'm experiencing intermittent connection issues and a massive speed drop on my infinity 3 service; I have FTTP and usually achieve between 200 & 220mbps.

Interestingly my BT Smart Hub won't even connect to the service but its not a road to house issue as my ASUS RT-AC87U does connect although with very limited throughput.

Please see speed test results & router config below; any guidance from the Mods would be greatly received

Infinity 8.7.13.JPG

Asus Router Stats.JPG

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Infinity 3 Connecton & Speed issues

Have you tried powering down the ONT?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
stretford35
Message 3 of 4

Hi ya & thanks for the quick reply; excuse my ignorance, is the ONT the modem (attached the wall?)

I did pull the power but I don't think the modem actually powered off, there seems to be an internal battery which keeps the LAN light solid green

I'll try again though

cheers

0 Ratings
stretford35
Message 4 of 4

Hi Ya,

I've rebooted the modem, results are below. I've also tried running the additional diagnostics test which comes back with the following message

"Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information."

Result following reboot & diagnostics message below and I've also added the results from http://dslchecker.bt.com for comparison.

results post reboot.JPG

diagnostics.JPG

DSL checker.JPG

Do you think its looking like an engineer visit is needed?

Thanks

0 Ratings