cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Infinity 4 FTTP 330/30 when will BT increase the speed?

I am an FTTP Infinity 4 - 330/30 customer and I actually get those speeds pretty much day & night (LSWEY) very happy from my previous 5mb/0.5mb EO line.

With G.Fast now offering similar speeds to the above for those whom can get it and live close enough to their cabinet and even speeds of 500mb being mooted, do BT have any plans to increase the speeds for FTTP customers or offer new packages that are 500mb or 1gb?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Infinity 4 FTTP 330/30 when will BT increase the speed?

G.Fast is not a product, it is a technology. The new product is Ultrafast which is being delivered by both G.Fast and FTTP.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Taken from SeanD post on the subject.

How does Ultrafast work?

It's thanks to two different technologies: G.fast and Fibre To The Premises (FTTP). BT has been leading the world in G.fast. It lets us get amazingly high speeds from the same copper pipe that was originally used for voice calls. To put it in perspective, in terms of speed, voice calls use about 64kbits, while G.fast offers 330Mbps. With those speeds you could have a 4K TV running in every room of your house at the same time.

FTTP is an optical fibre almost as thin as a hair on your head that goes all the way to your home. In theory, that allows us to deliver unlimited speed to your premises. We have the largest FTTP network in the UK already, but plan to make it even bigger.

Hence my question on FTTP based technology will they upgrade the speeds or more likely keep parity with the G.Fast offering.

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

Reading the following link Openreach is streamlining their speed profiles towards parity     https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2018/01/uk-isp-bt-launch-152mbps-314mbps-ultrafast-broadband-p...

0 Ratings