cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Infinity 4 FTTP Speeds

When I first got upgraded to infinity 4 about 9 months ago, I was getting speeds in excess of 250Mbps according to speedtest's Android app.  Nowadays I am lucky if this goes over ~ 40 Mbps.

I'm in a new build which has FTTP and fibre voice access so it has never had FTTC or ADSL.

I've tried a wired connection but noticed no massive difference.

I am using an ASUS RT-AC55U router - too many bad experiences with the HH6.  The slow speeds were occurring with an HH5 though so it doesnt look to be a router issue.

Wondering if there is anything else I can check?  Are there any specific values for MTU size or anything that I might need to look at?

I am considering downgrading to infinity 2 at these speeds if I can't improve them.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Infinity 4 FTTP Speeds

Have you ran this test http://speedtest.btwholesale.com using a wired connection?

Have you ran the thinkbroadband speedtest using a wired connection?

The speedtest.net app for me isn't consistent. Some test servers give results only 25% of others.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings