cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 2

Infinity 4 disappointing evening performance

I've recently subscribed to BT Infinity 4 at a new build property that is lucky enough to benefit from FTTP.

Initially, I was very impressed with the 308Mbps download that I was acchieving however I've noticed that consistently during the evenings this speed slows to 20-30Mbps.  My speed tests have been using wired connections, and given the speed dips off at around 1700 until 2200 I can only imagine this is a contention/congestion problem at the local exchange.

Are any of the Mods able to tell me if there is a SVLAN contention problem at the Cambridge Trunk exchange that is likely to be affecting FTTP connections during the evening peak?  If there is, is there a plan to mitigate the effects?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Message 2 of 2

Re: Infinity 4 disappointing evening performance

@luap I'm really sorry to see you're having problems with your connection.  I can't see congestion issues listed for the Cambridge exchange but I may not be looking at the same information that's used for FTTH connections as this is not something that the mod team can help with as yet. 

I'd recommend you do a speed test here ensuring to do the further diagnostics test when your broadband is running slow then call 151 from your landline as this will direct you to the FTTH technical department who will be able to look into this for you.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings