Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jevanbh1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Infinity Avalibility

Go to solution

Hello, I have joined specifically to ask about the avaliability of Infinity.

My exchange is Slough Main and it is said to be enabled on SamKnows and by BT themselves. However, I am not able to get Infinity. Infinity would benefit me greatly as I only get a maximum of 1Mbps on a good day.

I realise that the street cabinet has to be upgraded; is there any way of requesting this or finding out when this will happen? The Cabinet I'm connected to is number 49 for your information.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Infinity Avalibility

Go to solution

According to the December OR spreadsheet that escaped into the "wild" Slough Main (THSL) P49 is due to be upgraded in phase 9b which is as far as I know likely to be late 2012. It is predicting a 5.42 uplift in speed ie if you currently get 1Mb/s you should get 5.42 Mb/s on FTTC.

BT currently will not supply Infinity unless the estimate is 15Mb/s but there is a slower fibre product sold under the Total Broadband brand but  that has a minimum cut off of 5Mb/s so it will be close if 1Mb/s is your real "predicted" speed for ADSL. You must live a long way from the cabinet (over 2 miles) or have serious issues with your line. 

Guru
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

So is the download for Infinity calculated by your current connection times by the uplift?

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
Highlighted
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

I think the estimate is the estimated ADSL 2 speed times the uplift - this checks out on my own connection. I like many others get a faster connection so I get 40Mb/s against the 33Mb/s forecast.

All changes this weekend when they recalculate the estimated speeds to take account of the new 17a profile. I assume a "new" spreadsheet will show revised uplift figures at some point.

Guru
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

ah ok, because my current ADSL 2 speed against the forecaste would bring it over 40mb roundabouts anyways, but yea it's going to be very interesting to see what the new 80/20 meg speeds are this weekend.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
jevanbh1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply, is there any more details on this slower fibre product you mentioned? It would benefit me given my location to Slough Main. Im almost 3 miles from the exchange and almost a mile from the cabinet

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Just put your number into the checker here - www.bt.com/infinity and it should give you your estimations for your line. 

0 Ratings