cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
llbster
Message 1 of 6

Infinity Broadband Ground Hog Day Fail

Hi, I just registered today to ask this forum for help.

We ordered our Infinity Broadband in Feb. It should have been installed and functional by 24 March, but we are still waiting to have it connected after three months. 

I have lost count of the number of times I have phoned, chatted and emailed with BT.

The problem seems to be that we are connected to the wrong cabinet. But instead of fixing anything, two weeks passes and a new engineer is sent. He will declare that we are connected to the wrong cabinet and leave in his van. Process repeats. 

The tracking system seems to be chaotic; the help center in India seems to have as much difficulty as I do speaking to an engineer. Even if a competent engineer can be found, he will be unable to actually fix the problem because he is not authorized to open a cabinet that is not on his job list.

I have contacted the Ombudsman and have tried escalating, and even contacting Consumer Help TV and Radio...

Does anybody know of anything that works to break this insane cycle of incompetence? 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: What happens when BT fails to install broadband properly

Mods will help and post a contact us link after reading this. 

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 3/5 working days either by phone or email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Re: What happens when BT fails to install broadband properly

Hi llbster,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting, I moved your post and started a new thread as the previous thread you posted on was quite old.

I'm really sorry to read about the problems with your BT Infinity install and we'll be happy to help you with this if you use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
llbster
Message 4 of 6

Infinity Broadband Ground Hog Day Fail

Its a repetative, sureal and frustrating experience. Nothing seems to help. Appalling service really.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 6

Re: Infinity Broadband Ground Hog Day Fail

Just reply to the mod in your other post.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Re: Infinity Broadband Ground Hog Day Fail

I merged your posts. Just contact mods via link

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings