Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
oduilleain
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Infinity HH3 yellow triangle of doom!

Guys, i am desperate here. Have complained three times in past month and a bit about my connection CONSTANTLY dropping. Have went through all the normal steps like power cycling and having my connection 'monitored' several times. BT even replaced my home hub yesterday but it has made NO difference. I get a little yellow triangle with an ! inside, or else a yellow ball when the connection has dropped for a longer period of time. BT seem to suggest that they can't do any more to help but the service was working fine up until 5 weeks ago so something has definitely changed and it hasn't been in my house! Wired connection seems fine, no problems with BT vision, just constant drops. The livechat advised i join tech experts or buy a booster - paying extra for a faulty service! i offered to pay to have an engineer come out but they were having none of it.

I'm at my wits end and i work from home, does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

oduilleain.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Infinity HH3 yellow triangle of doom!

If the wired connection is fine and they have replaced the home hub the problem could be with either wireless interference or your computer.

What home hub do you have?

Have you tried selecting a wireless channel rather than letting the Homehub decide which one to use.

You can use a command prompt to scan for surrounding networks and what channel they are using.

Press Windows+R and type cmd. In the command prompt box type netsh wlan show all

This will show you the wireless channels that your Homehub/router is transmitting on as well as the surrounding networks. You want to take a note of the channels in use and change your Homehub onto a channel that is not being used.

See Link how to do that.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14094/~/how-do-i-change-the-wireless-channel-on-my-bt...

You should also make sure that the drivers on your computer's wireless network card are up to date. Use the card manufactures website rather than Windows drivers which can be out of date.

0 Ratings
oduilleain
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the reply, i have tried the different channels and the issue is on all devices unfortunately although i will definitely update the drivers on my desktop. Nothing has been changed in my home, postition of other tech etc, could i be missing some other factor?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

As I said, it sounds like interference. Have tou tried moving the homehub. Do you have any wireless repeaters such as a video repeater or mobile phone repeater/boosters. Is the router near any electrical devices such as plasma TV or cordless phone?

0 Ratings
oduilleain
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

The cordless phone is on the other side of the room but i will give everything a shift about to see if it helps.

Many thanks for your help.

oduilleain.

0 Ratings