Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
skullyi1234
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Infinity IPV6 on Asus DSL-AC88U help

Hi everyone!

So after our arduous battle with BT over the HH6 and numerous replacements they came back with "It's an issue they can't fix nor think they'll be able to fix" so we've gone 3rd party and picked up the DSL-AC88U from Asus (Fantastic piece of kit btw!) but lets move onto the issue:

I'm trying to get my new router up and running with IPV6 and I'm hitting a bit of a wall.  I've read countless forum posts on various Asus routers and none have yeilded results, so I turn to you for help!

I've enabled the IPV6 Naitive setting in my config and it issues IP's but if I go to the log I don't get an IPV6 WAN address and I can't seem to ping out to any IPV6 addresses.  This has been puzzling me for hours and I'm eager to get the IPV6 functionality working!

It's worth noting I've run the tests on ipv6-test.com and it gives me a fantastic 3/20!  

I can provide log's and screenshots as required, thanks in advance! 

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 10

Re: Infinity IPV6 on Asus DSL-AC88U help

Have you upated the Asus router firmware?

0 Ratings
skullyi1234
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Hi!

Yup, currently running V1.10.05 Build 503 latest as of 06/02/2018 according to Asus' support site

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

Is there an option to set the prefix delegated length, if so it should be /56

0 Ratings
skullyi1234
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

I've got nothing in my IPV6 settings to define Prefix length, thats what confused me!  I'll attach a screenshot of my IPV6 settings page

Settings Screenshot

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

Hmm, all the configurable options look ok as far as I can see. Have you asked on the Asus forum, you might get a better response there. Or our resident Asus expert @TimCurtis might be able to shed some light if he spots the thread.

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 10

@skullyi1234

The AC88U settings are slightly different to my AC68U which picks up a /56 prefix ok

In terms of the settings themselves I've enabled the Connect to DNS Server Automatically whereas yours is disabled.  Don't see that should make a difference though but worth a try. And maybe try a reboot.

There do seem seem to be conflicting posts about this router & IPV6 , some work OK others -like yours don't.

skullyi1234
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Thanks for the reply's guys!  I thought I'd try here first to see if anyone had any idea's why it wasn't picking up the /56 prefix denotation.  

@TimCurtis Well originally I had it set to autoimatic but tried a manual DNS setting just to see if it wasn't connecting to the DNS properly or maybe not being directed to the correct DNS, clearly my tests were in vein haha!

I'll probably head on over to the Asus forums as well and post back here any of the results!  If you guy's have any brainwaves on this please drop a reply here for me!

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 10

@skullyi1234

I see you've posted on the Asus ROG forum, if anyone can help I guess that's the place.

0 Ratings
skullyi1234
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Yeah I chucked it on there in hopes someone will have an idea, but it seems pretty quiet on there right now :/ 

0 Ratings