cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CWD
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Infinity Install: Master Socket Swap to Quadruplex Slave Socket

My apologies if this has been answered already. I have searched the forum already, and whilst I could find posts around swapping master and slave sockets, I couldn't find anything specifically about my situation:

I'm currently scheduled to have Infinity installed on the 31st of March. My master socket is currently located in my main entrance hall near the front door. The hall is very narrow and really not an ideal location to be having a modem and router:

Master

I've currently got my ADSL modem and router plugged into a slave socket upstairs, so ideally I'd like the engineer to swap the sockets at the time of installation. However; the slave socket I'd like to use instead is some sort of weird quadruplex jobbie that does TV and satellite as well:

Slave

So my question is; will the BT engineer be able to swap these sockets around in some way or fashion? Or am I stuck with having the modem plugged in downstairs? 😞

Thank-you in advance for your replies.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Infinity Install: Master Socket Swap to Quadruplex Slave Socket

Hi CWD,

Welcome and thanks for posting. Moving the socket would be down to the engineer. It doesn't look like a standard BT socket so maybe a cuppa and a few bikkies for the engineer might help. Smiley Wink

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Highlighted
CWD
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Infinity Install: Master Socket Swap to Quadruplex Slave Socket

Just to follow this up; the engineer was very accommodating and installed a new master socket next to the weird duplex thing I showed above. He then disconnected my old master and everything is now good! 🙂
0 Ratings