Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
athomick
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Infinity Installation

Go to solution

Just had a guy from Openreach install our hub and modem. I was only here a few minutes then had to go to work leaving my partner to deal with it. Engineer said the kit had to go next to the socket (in the hall) and connected it to an extension cable running across the hallway. Refused to fun an ethernet cable to the next room to put the kit where we wanted it - obviously in a hurry. When I got home I called BT to complain and explained that the guy refused to run an ethernet cable into another room. The guy I spoke to was not interested - he said that we had agreed to put it in the hallway and also pointed out that since it was now active I no longer had the right to cancel without penalty. He also said I could not speak to a manager but had to wait 4 - 8 hours for a callback (tomorrow then). So that's it then, another new customer well and truly stuffed.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: Infinity Installation

Go to solution

Contact the mods (link below).

They'll get back to you within 3 days.

Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
Click here to contact the mods http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Sounds a contractor from Openreach as they are paid per job where Openreach engineers aren't as stated contact the moderators.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
athomick
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
It's BTs attitude which upsets me. The guy in customer service feels it's a job well done as my partner signed the form at the end and I guess tacitly agreed to have the kit installed that way rather than the engineer not doing the job. The fact that the engineer lied to us saying that he couldn't do anything but leave it all lying in the hall, no mention of running a cable, didn't seem to bother him at all.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@athomick wrote:
It's BTs attitude which upsets me. The guy in customer service feels it's a job well done as my partner signed the form at the end and I guess tacitly agreed to have the kit installed that way rather than the engineer not doing the job. The fact that the engineer lied to us saying that he couldn't do anything but leave it all lying in the hall, no mention of running a cable, didn't seem to bother him at all.

Outrageous :smileymad:
Just look at the sweet simpering easy-peasy-no-problems-with-your-infinity-installation claim about extensions in the video here 

About 1'30"

And then get back to BT Customer services, and ask why the engineer refused to follow BT's advertised procedure.

If I were to have it installed in my home setup can you imagine how much would go wrong?

I'm staying put with Option 2. I don't need such fast speeds.

athomick
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

A BT Manager called me back today. The issue is resolved and I have calmed down. He offered to send an engineer ASAP but the first appointments are March so I said I would sort out trhe problem myself. He listened, offered to knock £25 off my bill and apologised so as far as I am concerned that's the end of it. Lessons - Openreach, or at least the sub contractor I dealt with, try to develop a bit of moral fibre and do what you are contracted to do. BT customer service - LISTEN to the customers issue don't just wait to speak. BT Manager - Called me back when he said he would, offered a solution and LISTENED, couldn't have asked for any more at that point.

0 Ratings