cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lostjonny
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Infinity Issue

Hi all, I was hoping my issues would be long gone as this problem has happened before and it took over a month to get a solution, my connection keeps dropping out on both wired and wireless options. a speed test tells me all is well and so do customer services, but all is not well. I was on the phone for an hour yesterday explaining the problem and was told a new router would fix the issue, as I suspected it did not.  I  am unable to watch media online without buffering (BBCI player) and I am also unable to play on Xbox live because my connection is too unstable.  I have tried reset, a new router, wired, wireless, I have also tried only connecting one device at a time.  I do hope that one of the excellent moderators can fix this for me again. Craig Stockdale got it sorted for me last time.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
lostjonny
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Re: Infinity Issue

A new router has made no change to my Infinity problems, I called customer services today to report the fault as unresolved and was told the line test was ok, I was then told I would have to pay for tech assist.  I refuse to pay for tech assist when I'm already paying wads of money for a service that is not adequate, I was then told I would be charged a fee to end my subscription, I refuse to pay for something that is not working. This is ridiculous....!!!!!

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 3 of 11

When you get these disconnections what colour is the HomeHub Broadband light?

Also, is the DSL light on the modem still green?

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
lostjonny
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Hi Ryant

The broadband light is blue (no change) as is the modem light (2 green) Speed tests are also not showing a problem, and yet there is a problem, my connection is unstable..

0 Ratings
lostjonny
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

I have been told by customer services that no problem on the line, they tell me that I now have to pay extra to get tech services to find the issue, what a cop out, my days with BT are now numbered, I will not continue to pay for a bad connection!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

if you want the mods help again then YOU will have to contact them
0 Ratings
lostjonny
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Thanks John, I thought posting here would bring it to the mods, well at least that's what happened last time?

0 Ratings
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 11

@lostjonny wrote:

Thanks John, I thought posting here would bring it to the mods, well at least that's what happened last time?

You can contact the mods using the following link: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

0 Ratings
sniper
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Lostjonny, I'm having exactly the same problems as yourself, linecheck shows no issues, speedtest likewise but it will not run a streaming programme on any of the catch up / you tube or Love film / to say I'm getting hacked off is an understatement. BT is that far up it's own jacksy it doesn't acknowledge the problems their customers ar having, sadly I'm in contract till October.

0 Ratings
lostjonny
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Hi Sniper, It seems to me that BT don't really care about loosing customers, and that those customers might sing from the rooftops about how poor the customer care service really is, they don't seem to care that it might just impact future sales, all for the sake of listening to customer issues, my contract was renewed about 3 months ago but to be honest I don't see why I should honour my side of the contract when the service is so bad.  I will give them a week and then I wont be paying anymore money for this rubbish.

I hope you have better luck.

0 Ratings