cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skeandubh
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Infinity -No Service/Fault on line since 19/11/18

I have had a fault on my line since 19/11/18, the date i reported it. I had intermittent or no service. The Hub was flashing purple pretty much all of the time. It was due to be fixed by 22/11. I called on that date only to be told that Openreach had fixed the fault the day before. They hadn't. I could tell that by my line having no connection and the BT person i called ran a line check and said there was still afault outside my house. I was again told that an "engineer" would be required and this would happen on the 23rd. Later the same day i received a text saying the engineer was booked for Monday 26th

I was at work on the Monday but the "engineer" decided he would visit my house. Luckily my wife called me and i spoke to him about the fault. He confirmed there was still a fault outside my property but needed to do some checks inside? Anyhow he said he would resolve all the issues. One thing he told me which was interesting was that he had connected his equipment inside my house and it showed I should get around a 40 Meg connection. I arrived home from work to again find out there was still the same fault. I again called BT who confirmed there was still a fault outside my property. They would arrange for someone to resolve the issue in the next 3 days.

2 days later (28/11) i received a text from BT stating that my fault had been resolved. I arrived home to find the same issue. I called BT again who confirmed that there was still a fault outside my property. They would arrange for an engineer to visit within the next 3 days....

On Friday (30/11) i received a text from BT stating that my fault had been resolved and they had closed the fault. I arrived home and - well you can probably guess the next part. I called BT and they confirmed I still had an issue outside my house. Supposedly someone from Openreach had done something today. They rejected the fault fix and raised a new fault. They would arrange for an engineer....

Saturday (1/12) i received another text stating the fault had been resolved. It hadn't and BT confirmed I still had a fault outside my house.

Any help greatfully accepted.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Infinity - Fault on line since 19/11/18

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Can you also confirm that your phone is working, and there is no noise on the line, as that will be helpful?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Communityhelp (Private website) Lots of additional information and help.
You will need to be connected to your home BT Broadband connection to view it, or any links to it that I post on this forum.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Re: Infinity -No Service/Fault on line since 19/11/18

Hi @skeandubh

Welcome to the community.

Sorry you have had so many difficulties in getting this fault resolved.

Please send us in your details using the contact the mods link in my profile you will see it in the section About Me.

Thanks

Stuart

Community ModeratorStuartH
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
skeandubh
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Thanks StuartH. Details sent to the Mods.

Phone line works fine and there is no noise on the line.

0 Ratings
skeandubh
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Update on my issue.

The "engineer" arrived yesterday morning. The same guy as 10 days before. This time he spent approx 4 hours replacing cabling between the poles that ran to my property.

Hooray now i have the following;

DSL uptime:

1 Days, 5 Hours 38 Minutes 39 Seconds

Data rate:

9.02 Mbps / 34.18 Mbps

Maximum data rate:

9024 / 41736

Not sure why he didn't do this 10 days ago, but things are all good now.

Thanks to the mods for their help.

Now I just have to deal with the Indian call centre regarding my complaint. Today they didn't seem to know the difference between refund and compensation... They promised to call me tomorrow to discuss further.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@skeandubh that's great I'm glad that its been sorted eventually. The forum Mod @JohnC2 is managing your complaint so there's no need for you to call in, I can see John has already made arrangements to follow up with you tomorrow.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings