cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Infinity Speed drop?

Hi all, I got Infinity installed some time ago - the 40Mb package which was upgraded to 80Mb a while ago. While on the 40Mb we got download speeds of about 5MB and when it was upgraded it went close to 10MB. In the last couple of days trhis has dropped to aboutr 2MB Download. I ran the standard speed check which tells me my connection is about 15Mbps, which should be closer to 80Mbps.

When I run the BT checker I get this:

BT Speed.pngTo me this implies I'm maxing at 18.63Mbps instead of 80Mbps. Am I reading this right?

If so, why would it drop to a max of 18? I've check all the problem trackers and they all say there is no issue in my area.

Any help appreciated (as I have 2 teenagers at home not happy).

Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: Infinity Speed drop?

Enter your phone number in here and post the result...but remember the remove your phone number off the pic https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

Upgrading your package if your line is not capable to run the higher speeds is nonsensical to me, your max line speed will be your max line speed regardless of what package you are on
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

can you post your hub stats  if hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information   if hh5 then troubleshooting then helpdesk

any line noise   dial 17070 option 2  should be silent

have you been having connection problems with line dropping and hub changing colour?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

BT Speed2.png

I currently have a HH 3 so not as much info - but this is this is the helpdesk info anyway.

BT Speed3.png

Can't check 17070 as don't have a phone attached to the line, it's used purely for Internet.

Thanks

Edited to add - no dropouts recently as far as I'm aware.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

with a btclick email address that is normally associated with a business customer - are you a business customer as this is a residential forum   business forum is here  https://business.forums.bt.com/

I would add that the most basic check is your phone line and to make sure  (a) you have dial tone and (b) there is no line noise

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Yes, it's a business acccount.

I'll post over there, but before I go - I presume my line should do almost 80 and not max as per the 18.6 it said at the BT Checker?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

your estimate is between 74/52mb   but broadband will still work if no dial tone just slowly hence why you need to check line

0 Ratings