cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
treforh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Infinity Speed

I had BT Infinity installed in July 2012. My download speed has always been between 18Mb/s and 22 Mb/s. On the 11th August 2014 it was 21.71 Mb/s. On the 20th August 2014 it had fallen to 16 Mb/s. It has kept falling and today it is 9.4 Mb/s.
I have replaced the fibre modem. I have replaced my HomeHub 4 with an earlier HomeHub 3. I have removed the faceplate and plugged a BT Micro filter directly into the test socket. I have removed the phones. I have connect my PC directly to the HomeHub 4 with an ethernet cable. None of these helped.
Any ideas anyone? Both Fibre Modems are ECI. I also have an Huwei one which was the one that ran a bit hot. I do believe that if I try that one I can un-lock it somehow and get some stats. But I am not that techy and want to avoid doing that if at all possible.
Around the same time as the speed started falling some work was done on the BT ducting outside my house. On-line searching suggests the problem may be cross-talk? Can BT measure this remotely? When I spoke to BT customer services about this the man in India was non-committal.
I have run a speed check via the BT Wholesale speed checker. It says the IP profile for my line is 9.68 Mb/s. Is that important?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
MrDJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Infinity Speed

can you run this and post the picture on here https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

It is more likely that you have a line fault rather than crosstalk causing your problem. You need to contact BT and report the problem and request an engineer to investigate. You have done all the necessary checks to ensure the problem is not in with your equipment so do not worry when they advise you that you could be charged £130 for the engineer. This is just a standard warning.

treforh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

0 Ratings
treforh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

OK - My last screenshot wasn't readable. Hopefully this one is. This is what BT say I should get:

BT Speed 2.jpg

0 Ratings
treforh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

To complete the picture this is how my speed has continued to drop since August:

Speed Drop.jpg

0 Ratings