cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MichaelFreeman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Infinity Speeds - Not quite the quoted ones!

Okay her goes,

When I originally looked (months ago) the speeds were quoted as available after checks as 72.9 download /19.2 upload. Now the BT box outside is like 30/45 seconds from me so I thought it'd be close to that. BTW I have a wired connection and anyhow the original speed tests are from my phone number. Hub 4 / whatever modem was supplied when started.

The reality is like 59.2 download / 16.3 upload via BT tested just now. The reality is normally more like 34.5 download / 12 upload when done with the BT man in 'Bangalore'! I do these tests at circa 2am plus as I work strange hours so would expect more like the speeds quoted. 

I feel as just about the time I signed up with BT Broadband I should have really gone to Virgin as all other operators have to use BT wholesale. Virgin just installed lines after I signed with BT.

Maybe the honourable people [sic] at BT might themselves like to make comment - probably not, smirking or oblivious to the fact that they simply 'lied' to me?

Michael

(non too impressed)

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Helios
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Infinity Speeds - Not quite the quoted ones!

When you say the BT Box is 30/45 seconds away what the **bleep** is that supposed to mean?

Exactly what box are you talking about, the BT66, DP Block or PCP? And exactly how is it 30/45 seconds away, walking, bike, running, car, jet fighter?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 6

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results?

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

And use this speed tester then carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down?

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

If you have a HH5 you can see your line stats in troubleshooting/helpdesk

This may work http://bthomehub.home/index.cgi?active_page=9140&active_page_str=page_hdesk&req_mode=1&mimic_button_...

You may need to log on using the password on the card in the back of the homehub.

Can you post lines 1-13 of your line stats please?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
MichaelFreeman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Helios!:

Walking! No need for the additional comments at all is there? I simply walk to a tube station and on arriving at the box it's like 30 seconds away! It's a grey / green box standing on the pavement with no markings on it. When I enquired initially BT said 92.7 potential download, they knew my address and postcode - how did they do that I wonder? Did they just think, hey, 100 but take a bit off to make him happy and content (and blatantly lie by doing that)?
Your response is utterly negative.
Michael

0 Ratings
MichaelFreeman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Telephone Number 0208XXXXXXX on Exchange FINCHLEY is served by Cabinet 39

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date  High Low High Low    
FTTC Range A (Clean)8079.52019.9--Available
FTTC Range B (Impacted)8070.22017.9--Available

WBC ADSL 2+Up to 14.5--13 to 16.5Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 14.5Up to 1.513 to 16.5Available
ADSL MaxUp to 7.5--6.5 to 8Available
WBC Fixed Rate2----Available
Fixed Rate2----Available
Other Offerings
FTTP on Demand33030--Available
Fibre Multicast------Available
Copper Multicast------Available

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

For FTTC Ranges A and B, the term "Clean" relates to a line which is free from any wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions, and the term "Impacted" relates to a line which may have wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 30-Nov-2012; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30-Jun-2014.

If the End User wishes to migrate from their current Broadband supplier they will need to contact them in the first instance to obtain a MAC (Migrations Authorisation) Code, and then contact their new Broadband supplier to arrange for the service to be migrated.

Note: If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service.

Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number check.

Thank you for your interest.

0 Ratings
MichaelFreeman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

BT Wholesale: Download 59.3 Upload 15.92 Ping Latency 39.75
0 Ratings