Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sage
Sage
Message 11 of 20

Re: Infinity availability lies

@wilsibabes wrote:

So you are suggesting the chief exec's office have lied to me?

NO! I'm telling you that BT Retails chief exec's office can only give you information available to them at the time.

I've also given you the link to find out a more definative answer.

Highlighted
wilsibabes
Message 12 of 20

Sounds like you are back peddling now. Sounds like I was lied to again, as I originally stated, thanks for confirming this. I will click your star now.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 20

No, it sounds like Openreach have discovered a problem preventing them from upgrading your cabinet until the problem is resolved. It sounds like they have discovered problems before and probably will again.

This is the reason that the plans keep on changing.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 14 of 20

I'm not back peddling on anything!

The Chief Exec's office of BT Retail (an ISP provider like any other) can only give you information available to them at the time exactly the same as any other ISP using the Openreach infrastructure.

I gave you ther link in my first post to get definative information what part do you not understand and I will try to explain it further?

0 Ratings
wilsibabes
Message 15 of 20

12 months to identify a problem? Sounds like incompetence, or have they only recently decided to checked for suitability?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 20

The bottom line is you won't get Infinity or any other fibre product until Openreach upgrade the cabinet however long that takes and only Openreach know when that will be.

0 Ratings
wilsibabes
Message 17 of 20

The part I am not understanding is that I was promised infinity over 12 months ago. I was told (incorrectly) by the exec that it would be available by the end of October. As stated in my first post. I feel let down and disappointed with this constant lies over the past 12 months. 

It now transpires that this forum, that cannot provide a definitive answer on the availability of infinity to my house, has now provided me with a definitive answer why there is a delay. 

It still does not make me feel any better about the whole situation and I feel that it is time to move on to another supplier. 

Thanks for your advice and info on why I still cannot have infinity. It has been informative. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 20

@wilsibabes wrote:

The part I am not understanding is that I was promised infinity over 12 months ago. I was told (incorrectly) by the exec that it would be available by the end of October. As stated in my first post. I feel let down and disappointed with this constant lies over the past 12 months. I would be willing to bet they did not tell you lies. They will have given you the best information that they had at that time. What would be the point of telling you lies?

It now transpires that this forum, that cannot provide a definitive answer on the availability of infinity to my house, has now provided me with a definitive answer why there is a delay. This forum is a customer to customer forum, the members of which have no more information regarding why or when Infinity can or can not be delivered to your house. The members can only relay facts from previous experience and other information that is in the public domain.

It still does not make me feel any better about the whole situation and I feel that it is time to move on to another supplier. If you want to move to another supplier that is entirely up to you but as previously stated if you are moving to get another fibre product it will not be available to you until the cabinet you are connected to is upgraded regardless of which ISP you choose.

Thanks for your advice and info on why I still cannot have infinity. It has been informative. 

0 Ratings
clairelouise2
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 20

Sometimes best laid plans go awry and I would take the estimate you are told for when your cab will go live as just that, an estimate.

ours was put back several times as well before the cab was finally upgraded. an initial estimate on samknows of June 2012 went back to July, then September, then October, finally at the end of October we were upgraded.
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 20 of 20

The other posts regarding the update of the cabs and the availabilty of any fibre product are correct as that is the job of OR and BT Retail and BT Wholesale have no control in the matter.

The only other way you could go is to a company like VM,but that also depends on wether they have laid fibre cabling and have cabs in your area.

So I guess it`s catch 22, wait or go for just normal ADSL at least for PPPoE lines.

0 Ratings