Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 32

Re: Infinity available but BT refuse to accept this fact

@snert wrote:

So we're saying the Openreach engineer lied at no gain for himself when he could have just said sorry, there is nothing that can be done?

Doesn't make particular sense to me.

Ok, so I pay BT for a net connection and they say that Openreach are responsible for the network and its maintenance unyet I can't talk to Openreach directly about the supply of that service when it is substandard. BT insist that Openreach are a completely separate company despite Openreach's website saying "A BT Group Business" on the masthead. We all know the insistence on separation of the two is to get around the monopolies commission but why can nobody speak to Openreach? BT can't give me any answers or information so who can? I'm paying for a substandard service and I'd like something done about it.

Yes, sorry the engineer lied to you.

0 Ratings
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 32

@snert wrote:
Yes, that is exactly like what I have in the village.

If that's the case, then you are not on the Infinity enabled cabinet, just the old one next to it.

0 Ratings
BuckleZ
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 32

Check my photo, you will see 2 PCP's and a VDSL...

0 Ratings
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
Message 14 of 32

@BuckleZ wrote:

Check my photo, you will see 2 PCP's and a VDSL...

It only has one... Don't count the one in the middle.

0 Ratings
BuckleZ
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 32

Why not?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BuckleZ
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 32

They are both marked 16... im sure the older one still has lines in it... otherwise they would of just reshelled it? But are both the PCPs connected to the VDSL cabinet is another question

The older one doesn't seem to have been opened in quite some time.

0 Ratings
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 32

@BuckleZ wrote:

They are both marked 16... im sure the older one still has lines in it... otherwise they would of just reshelled it? But are both the PCPs connected to the VDSL cabinet is another question

The older one doesn't seem to have been opened in quite some time.

This picture below might explain to you that PCP's are not connected to the VDSL cabinet.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 18 of 32

@Ratty2012 wrote:

This picture below might explain to you that PCP's are not connected to the VDSL cabinet.

All RDSLAMs have a copper link cable back to their respective PCPs, this is how the VDSL gets onto the customers existing copper line.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
Message 19 of 32

@Devon_Dave wrote:
@Ratty2012 wrote:

All RDSLAMs have a copper link cable back to their respective PCPs, this is how the VDSL gets onto the customers existing copper line.

Yes I know that, but the OP does not have VDSL, that's the point.

0 Ratings
Guru
Guru
Message 20 of 32

Correct me if I'm wrong but what I think happens is that:

The pcp and the FTTC cabinet are connected. Inside both are patch panels.The pairs to/from the FTTC cabinet are pre-connected in FTTC cabinet and correspond to a VDSL port in the FTTC cabinet. So that when a customer orders FTTC broadband from a communication provider then the Openreach engineer is given the pairs to connect the E and D side terminations to.

However there is only a limited number of ports between the PCP and FTTC cabinets when it was initially installed, by the commissioning engineers.

Therefore if there are no ports left for the FTTC broadband service then they will either have to wait for a customer to downgrade to adsl or if there is enough demand add more ports for the FTTC broadband service.

Hope that is correct.

Cheers

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings