Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hungledink
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Infinity broadband home move

Go to solution
I've recently started a home move to move my phone line and infinity broadband to my new home. During the home move process on the Bt site, I was given the option to do a self install, which I chose. However, I'm now in the new property and can't see a fibre enabled box, like the one I had in my previous property. Just seems to be a normal land line and face plate. Would I have been given the option to self install if the correct connections weren't present?
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Infinity broadband home move

Go to solution

Assuming you have FTTC then you just connect to master socket with a filter. No need for SSFP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
hungledink
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Oh I see, so presumably that will be in the pack they send out then? When do you need to use an open reach modem, I also have one of those from a previous installation?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

The hh5 has modem built in whereas the hh3/4 need you to use the modem. You can also use the modem with the hh5 as many have found that helps stability. If you have a hh5 then I would try without modem but if dropping connection then try modem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
hungledink
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Ok, thanks for the info imjolly
0 Ratings