cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
hayesn
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Infinity capacity issues - how do I resolve?

Go to solution

Hi

I joined BT in October. I'm on Infinity and projected speeds were up to 36mbps/ At first my speeds were fine but now they are ridiculously slow at peak times (i.e. evenings). Below are current results (7:50 pm) via the BT wholesale site:

Download Speed (Mbps): 0.62 Upload Speed (Mbps): 1.97 Ping Latency(ms): 186.88

I've logged the issue. At the begining I assumed that it was a capacity issue as the speeds are normal during the day and I don't have drop out issues. An openreach engineer has visited and confirmed the fibre to home is fine and that it is a capacity issue at the exchange (Foxhall). The call centre is useless. First they sent the engineer back to me (even though we both agreed on the issue and that a visit was pointless) and now I've been posted a new Smart Hub when the existing one is fine. I'm reasonably IT proficient. I know what the issue is.

I just want to know when the capacity issue is going to be sorted but nobody can give me an answer. Where do I go from here?

Grateful for any advice.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Infinity capacity issues - how do I resolve?

Go to solution
Engineer visits are useless for issues such as this.

Wholesale will be aware and will be working to improve the capacity.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @hayesn

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

Sorry for the problems you're having with your broadband speed during peak times.  This does sound like a congestion issue however I've checked your exchange for any known issues but I'm not seeing anything.

Can you send us over your details so that we can take a closer look?  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @hayesn,

I've been checking this for you today. Can you please run the speed test, including the further diagnostics when the connection is slow and post the results so we can get this checked with wholesale for you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
hayesn
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Taken at 19:50:

Download Speed (Mbps): 4.09 Upload Speed (Mbps): 5.28 Ping Latency(ms): 75.25

I consistently get Test Error when clicking on Further Diagnostics, and always have done.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks for posting the results @hayesn.

I've spoken with wholesale about the issue and they cannot find any congestion issues at the exchange but as a precautionary measure they have agreed to move you to a different circuit in the next 24 hours so you should see some improvement at that point. Can you monitor over the next few days and let me know if you see any change?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
hayesn
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Today's results @ 19:08 :

Download Speed (Mbps): 3.79 Upload Speed (Mbps): 4.26 Ping Latency(ms): 98.75

It was higher this morning but now back to the usual evening speeds. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @hayesn,

I tried calling this morning, sorry I missed you. have you noticed any change in the connection speeds? Can you try runing the speed test later this evening and post the results?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @hayesn,

Thanks for taking my call this morning. I'm glad I was able to get this sorted for you. Post back if you have any further problems and we'll be happy to help.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings