cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dreampilot
Message 1 of 6

Infinity downgraded my upload

Can anyone sensibly explain why when switching from standard with a pretty stable DL of 5-8mps and an upload of 0.8-0.9mps to infinity my upload has dropped to 0.5 and even 0.3 which has made online games and live video broadcasting untenable. 

Yes my UL speed has nearly doubled - my copper wire feed in devon is over 1000mts away from the cabinet so we weren't expecting the full monty, but noone at BT can explain the upload speed glitch except to blame facebook and Youtube servers which were quite happy before the switch.

I know sattelite is expensive but as my 14 day cooling down is ending next Tuesday the 13th of march, it's looking ever more attractive.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
MB7
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: Infinity downgraded my upload

You are by no means unique. The disparity between upload and download speeds seems to grow apace these days with BT. Last weekend my upload speeds suddenly fell off a cliff for no discernable reason. Whe I started a thread here ( Massive Loss Of Upload Speed), I discovered that others in my town had - and continue to- experience exactly the same problem. Trying to get BT to acknowledge the loss of service, let alone acknowledge it, has been like trying to extract teeth.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
MB7
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Edit to above. 

Should read: “ trying to get BT to acknowledge the loss of service, let alone rectify it”

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

@dreampilot

can you post stats from your router  if hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information

enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
dreampilot
Message 5 of 6

IM Jolly

If you're a bt manager capable of making a difference you can log into my hub and get all that. Otherwise why on earth would you want that sensitive info? Feels more than fishy to me.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

This is a BT residential customer to customer forum. Your post does not go to BT. The only BT staff are the forum moderators who do not necessarily read all the posts. 

The forum members can not log into your hub or access anything from your hub or connection.

None of the information asked for is "sensitive" or "fishy" and no passwords are asked for. The information is required to try and diagnose what is causing your problem. If you look through the forum you will see that this information is asked for and supplied in the vast majority of posts when there is a problem.

0 Ratings