cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robborover
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Infinity download speed keeps decreasing!

I moved from Sky to BT around 6 weeks ago. When I signed up I was given an estimated download speed of 21-29Mbps. For two days the download speed was around 23.5. The engineer who arrived said that my download speed would not get any slower. It then dropped over the first week to around 22.1 and then 21.8. In the last few days it has dropped again to 20.8. I am unhappy that I am now receiving a lower speed than BT promised. Can anyone help?
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
robborover
Beginner
Message 2 of 10

Re: Infinity download speed keeps decreasing!

I've seen that similar posters are asked for their help desk page. All of the download speeds that I have quoted are from the router itself. 1. Product Name: HomeHub5 2. Serial number: +076284+1429008278 3. Firmware version: v0.07.03.0814-BT (Type B) Last updated 3/12/2014 4. Board version: 01 5. VDSL uptime: 2 days, 02:41:08 6. Data Rate: 6888 / 20824 7. Maximum Data Rate: 6976 / 24929 8. Noise Margin: 6.2 / 6.4 9. Line Attenuation: 0.0 / 25.7 10. Signal Attenuation: 0.0 / 0.0
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 10

Can you enter your phone number and post results. Remember to delete number https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
robborover
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

Screenshot_2014-12-09-21-41-38-1.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

From the checker results your estimate is between 29.3 - 11.5mb. BT always quote the 'A' value even though it possible to be 'B' value or inbetwen

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
robborover
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

In that case one BT's estimate is misleading and I would be better off on an ADSL line with Sky (no IPTV etc). Also, why would my speed keep decreasing well after the 10 days of line testing?
0 Ratings
robborover
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

Thanks for your help by the way 😉
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 10

I don't understand how you would be better off on ADSL with sky.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
NewtronStar
Expert
Message 9 of 10

@robborover wrote:
In that case one BT's estimate is misleading and I would be better off on an ADSL line with Sky (no IPTV etc). Also, why would my speed keep decreasing well after the 10 days of line testing?

I don't no were people get this 10 days DLM testing/training period ,the DLM will look at your line stats over 2 days when it's wide open on a new FTTC install an on the 2nd day (48 hours) then the DLM will have enough information on how to set your FTTC line.

The 10 days is an openreach thing meaning they won't investicate your line for a possible issue until the 11th day.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

They always quote the 'A' value and for the majority that is probably correct and there is no way of knowing different at that stage - only after connection can you get the true speed

0 Ratings