cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RichBos
Message 1 of 15

Infinity dropped to 2mbps

So after having a year of evening slow down issues with Virginmedia cable and no resolution in sight after relentless complaints I decided to switch to BT. What a mistake that was...!

Initlally all was well with solid speeds over 24 hours of around 27mbps (fast enough for us), it even had a week of 31mpbs, but then the problems started. It dropped to 16mbps and now we're lucky is it goes over 2mpbs, and this is all day (24 hours), it's appalling. Oddly upload speed hasn't changed and is solid at around 7 mpbs.

Something is going on that's for sure, but what, who knows. 

I have an engineer visit scheduled so we shall see what happens there, although I'm not hopeful. I'd really like to be optimistic but experience has shown me that with these things if you have an issue there's usually little chance of it ever getting resolved (properly).

Not even sure why I'm posting really, just thought I'd have a moan and see if anyone else has experienced similar, and if so what happened (if anything)?

Hub Grab

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: Infinity dropped to 2mbps

Have you tried connecting to the test socket?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
RichBos
Message 3 of 15

Thank you for the suggestion however it is a new style wall socket with no internal test socket.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 15

Must be an old style, all new NTE sockets have test sockets.

There was a period of time when external NTE's were fitted but no longer are.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
RichBos
Message 5 of 15

It's one of these.....

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2016/02/a-quick-look-at-bt-openreachs-new-nte5c-master-socket.h...

....just tested it in the 'test socket', same deal, sub 2mbps :smileyfrustrated:

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 15

there will be a test socket behind the faceplate
0 Ratings
Highlighted
RichBos
Message 7 of 15

....Hi, yes, found it, just pre-posted....!

No dice I'm afraid, same problem, sub 2mbps :smileyfrustrated:

Speed Test

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 15

You need an engineer visit.
0 Ratings
kcotae
Message 9 of 15

Over the past few days my broadband connection has been. 0.250kbs! I should be getting over 10mb. I've reported it, but still isn't fixed.

0 Ratings
RichBos
Message 10 of 15

Thanks all for the advice, and yes, an engineer visit is booked for tomorrow. Let's see what happens....!

0 Ratings