Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rubble2
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

Infinity dropping connection

Had infinity for a good while now, I recently upraded from HH3 to HH5 (version B) and everything has been ok up until yesterday evening when the connection dropped and I reset the HH5 in order to restore it.

This morning the connection has been dropping every couple of hours ( light on Hub goes to yellow then back to blue) but this afternoon it has got progressively worse sometimes not lasting more tha a few minutes.

I checked the service status website which did not come back with any known problems so I called Customer services. The CS rep told me he would reset the wireless channel, I explained that it wasn't a wireless problem but couldn't seem to get this information through to him, in the end he said he had reset the wireless channel and re-booted the hub abd would monitor it for a couple of days. Needless to say within a few minutes the hub reset itself again. As I suspected the HH5 to be at fault I substituted my old HH3 along with the openreach modem, and although it is slightly better, this has also lost connection 3 times in a couple of hours - the DSL light goes out.

So, I guess this points to a line fault of some sort - I have done a test for noise on the line with nothing being audible, how do I get this checked out please? preferably with someone who has a modicum of technical ability.

Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Infinity dropping connection

have you tried using the test socket with a filter to see if that helps and eliminates your internal wiring from causing a problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Me to, been trying to fix it for weeks, even sent new hubs, but still keeps dropping off, getting very frustrated. Thing that the best way is to change service provider
0 Ratings
forrest722
Message 4 of 5

My BT Infinity has been dropping connection since last night as well.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

If you are having similar problems then start your own thread and post router stats

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings