cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
4yorks
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Infinity engineer didn't turn up

Our BT infinity engineer didn't turn up today and I'm wondering exactly how common this problem  is. We were down for a morning appointment (8AM-1PM). 1pm came and went so I phoned up BT customer service on 150.

I was told by a Scottish lady  that the engineer didn't turn  up as the outside part of the installation hadn't been complicated, because of that he couldn't do the inside part. I told her that the outside of the work was done last week, two men came and installed a new fibre optic cable from the telephone post to my outside wall, they also fitted a brown box outside my house she said  "oh what day was this" I said last Tuesday the 25th ....Basically  BT have no record of the work on the outside of my property ever been done which has caused this delay.

I was informed that BT openeach will let BT know this coming Friday the 2nd of August when they can come and finish the job, so realistically its going to be another week, maybe even two before we get infinity installed.

Virgin Meida is getting disconnected on Thursday and it looks like we are going to be without broadband for a few weeks. I've noticed that next door also have BT ( I see BT Fon and openzone when I do a wifi scan) will they provide my a username and password if I ask, after all I would have got unlimited openzone access with my account anyway

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Infinity engineer didn't turn up

You won't be able to use the BT email and password until your account is active so this will mean you won't be able to log onto your neighbours BTWifi. If he is a friend as well as a neighbour perhaps he will let you log onto his homehub. You can point out to him that he can change the Homehub passkey after you no longer need it to prevent you using it longer than agreed. 

0 Ratings
4yorks
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

@gg30340 wrote:

You won't be able to use the BT email and password until your account is active so this will mean you won't be able to log onto your neighbours BTWifi. If he is a friend as well as a neighbour perhaps he will let you log onto his homehub. You can point out to him that he can change the Homehub passkey after you no longer need it to prevent you using it longer than agreed. 

They have only just moved there and I've only met the couple next door once. I think it would be a little too inappropriate to ask for their wifi key after knowing them less than one month. I guess I'll just have to tether from my phone for a week or so.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Do you have any close friends or relations with BT broadband. If you feel you could ask and they are prepared to give it to you, you could ask for their primary email address and password and this would allow you to log onto BTWifi. It would also allow you to log onto their email so I wouldn't be surprised if they said no but if they are close family they might be ok with it.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Yes - same nonsense here.
Waited in from 8 till 1 ..........no sign of a BT engineer, no txt, call or email to inform me. Just left to hang on forever waiting to get a response from BTs dodgy call centre.
Now we're told 8 till 1 of Friday!!!!! So another day off work and I suspect another No Show from Bungle Telecom.

0 Ratings