cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
woobl
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Infinity extension - What wires go where for RJ11 in extension box?

Go to solution

Hi all,

I had the engineer over today to install Infinity. Everything working good and he left me some CAT5 and an extension box as I want to extend the line to different part of the flat at a later date. However, I fancied doing it now but am having some issues getting the extension to work. I've followed the engineer's instructions which were:

Faceplate off and CAT5 single strand into 2 and 5 on the extension point (orange in 2 and orange/white in 5)

Now I cant' seem to figure out where the orange/white etc goes on the extension box - does it go into 4 and 5? This will be for an RJ11 connectotr o the homehub.

Here is the extension box: photo.JPG

Any ideas?

Many thanks!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Infinity extension - What wires go where for RJ11 in extension box?

Go to solution

Pairs match up to the colours...

Blue pair is first. Connected to the matching terminals on the cat5e socket and onto the terminals on the faceplate. 

Nothing should be in 2 and 5 if its an extension for infinity as the filtered faceplate filters it all out of the phone wiring.

0 Ratings
woobl
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi Deathtrap3000,

I'm a little confused...

On the master socket, I connected white to 5 and blue to 2. Where does the corresponding end connect to in the photo above? Does the other (orange/white) cable need to be connected as well?

Thanks!

0 Ratings
woobl
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Figured out what was the issue - I was going into the phone line extension conections - not the DSL connections that were on the other part of the faceplate!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@woobl wrote:

Figured out what was the issue - I was going into the phone line extension conections - not the DSL connections that were on the other part of the faceplate!

Yep thats what I was trying to say. 2 and 5 is for the phone line. Not the dsl, unless its not filtered. 

0 Ratings