cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bigevil
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Infinity just moved over

Hello, can anyone advise. I switched to infinity today from normal dsl that was with another provider. My old connection dropped and I got both email and text from BT saying my service was/is now live. However upon installing the home hub, it's not and just the amber light is on. I did all the basic checks etc... Does it take a few hours to kick in? I called BT they said it should be live and now I have an engineer book for Thursday.

Cheers!
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Infinity just moved over

It can take till midnight on day of activation. Are you using test socket with new filter?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
bigevil
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

It's in the same socket as my last provider was with new filters yes. I tried a couple of filters and other cables. See if it changes at 00:00.

Thanks for the heads up. 🙂
0 Ratings
bigevil
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

The 24hrs passed and nothing - still amber, restarted and checked everything once more. The engineer is here is the morning so see what he says.

Cheers!

0 Ratings