cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danje
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Infinity left out because of selfish Parish Council?

Hi,

Can someone please check if there's any available date for Infinity at CV239DD. The current Dec leak states it isn't planned. However, I found out yesterday that houses around 50m away from me (across the road) have had Infinity since 2011. They're connected to a different cabinet, my cabinet is 93.

I've seen the map of funding towards broadband and can see that the new estate where I live has been left out, seems really dodgey if you ask me.

Please see below.

The grey is where broadband funding has been given and 2 or more providers expected to provide 24mbps+.

White areas no intervention.

See the arrow, that is my road, and see undernear there's some grey coverage? These houses have been here for years and are part of the village. Our house is part of the new bit, they obviously don't like us much.

There was a parish council meeting about provision, I guess we were missed out ALTHOUGH this was the only area covered by responses for the signing of agreement AS I DELIVERED THE LEAFLETS?!

broadbandrollout.jpg

What can I do about this? When will CV239DD be done?:(

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Infinity left out because of selfish Parish Council?

Here are three links which provide info

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/

http://fttc-check.alc.im/

To coin a phrase unfortunately  "computer says no"

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 3 of 7

You paraphrase your post with "Selfish Parish Council".

Get on to them if you consider they are doing anything wrong.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Danje
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Do you not see this as weird? Seeing as ALL other properties are being funded except the new properties. There's no issues with planning as I've asked personally. Just awaiting an answer from one of the people at CSW who manage the provision and funding. Once I have confirmation I'll put in a formal complaint to the local MP and bring media attention.

Any way I can get an up to date list of cabinets to be updated? Such as an Openareach direct number or email?

Thanks
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 7

Openreach do not publish or give out information on what pcps are going to be upgraded to fibre.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
wajon68
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Hi Danje

Looks like you're in the same boat as me, have you managed to find out any new information about FTTC (Cab 93), thanks for posting the info from the parish council, your map doesn't even include our property as it's in the newer bit.  Having moved from a Cabled area (Virgin Media) I'm finding BT Broadband so slow in comparison.  Really need FTTC or even better Fibre to the house.

It does seem weird that this new estate wasn't upgraded as part of the developments within the village, although I do get the feeling that some villagers are against the new developments.  Have you filled in the survey over at http://www.cswbroadband.org.uk/

Thanks

0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 7 of 7

Hi Danje,

I have a feeling you have got the meaning of a white area somewhat confused.  To the best of my knowledge CSW have not yet signed a contract with any provider.  I suggest you contact someone that is in charge of your CSW project for clarification

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings