cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 23

Re: Infinity meant to be set up 11/3, no connection 12/3

Okay. I'll take another look.

These are the pictures of the sockets: http://imgur.com/a/1gYTF/all

Having done some research, the one with the capacitor on looks like it's the main socket as it is different from the other two. I have tried the HH5 in there but to no avail.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 23

you need an engineer visit to get your service activated
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 23

I've just taken a good long look at the building and as far as I can see, there are two sets of wires going in. One is the TV/Aerial cable and the other is this:

http://imgur.com/sxDon7Q

I'm in the 1st floor flat and there's no socket on that corner of the building. However, checking the electrical cupboard by the front door to the flat is this:

http://imgur.com/zxPRMVJ

Which looks like telecommunications cables going in to the flat and to the socket by the front door:

http://imgur.com/qNwn2Xe

Having checked every wall of the flat internal and external, I can't see any more sockets which again would support the theory that that socket is the master.

There was also this box which i'm not sure what it does but doesn't seem related to the phone cable:

http://imgur.com/kGFfRSc

John46 - Okay I'll see what they say. Will they charge me £130 for it though as based on the above, everything in the flat is up to scratch so in my mind it's something at the cabinet.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 23

No they won't as there is no fault in your home. The service hasn't been connected correctly at the cabinet
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Message 15 of 23

Okay thanks! I will try the web chat now and see how it goes.

One thing that's come to mind, will it make a big difference going from BB with Plusnet to Fibre with BT. As it's FTTC then it should still use the existing infrastructure between the cabinet and the premises correct?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 23

That's right. Basically your internet is provided from the cabinet instead of the exchange using a different technology.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
5progface
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 23

@superwhiskey wrote:

One thing that's come to mind, will it make a big difference going from BB with Plusnet to Fibre with BT. As it's FTTC then it should still use the existing infrastructure between the cabinet and the premises correct?

I moved from another isp on adsl to bt with fibre fttc, my wall socket is over 30 years old and the installation went without a hitch.

Why not try a tracert in cmd  tracert www.google.com

You should have a result like this.

TRACERT FOR FORUM.JPG

0 Ratings
5progface
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 23

@5progface wrote:

@superwhiskey wrote:

I moved from another isp on adsl to bt with fibre fttc, my wall socket is over 30 years old and the installation went without a hitch.

Why not try a tracert in cmd  tracert www.google.com

You should have a result like this.

TRACERT FOR FORUM.JPG

Tracert will show you where the connection stops.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 23

What relevance is a traceroute in terms of the physical network between the home and the cabinet/exchange?
0 Ratings
5progface
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 23

Could be handy to show the techies, if it shows the connection between computer and router is good.

Apologies for late reply.

@Webby wrote:
What relevance is a traceroute in terms of the physical network between the home and the cabinet/exchange?

0 Ratings