cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
satmanuk
Message 1 of 4

Infinity new install speed drop after power cuts

Hi

had BT infinity1 installed 10 days ago, during signup the quoted speeds were approx 37-38mb down & 8mb up, not huge i know, but this would be satisfactory for my work.

engineer visit went all ok, tested speeds were 37mb down & 8mb up (SNR margin 5db), which i was happy with & signed off.

i work from home & everything was ok for about 3 or 4 days and then we had several power cuts, the sync speeds were then dramatically lowered, first to around 30MB & then to 20-24mb down & 4mb up (SNR now 12-15db).

i am concerned that DLM has fixed the line speed at this lower rate (almost 50% drop) because of the power cuts & it is noticable & affecting my work.

i have left it several days hoping DLM would raise the speed again, but it hasnt.

how do i go about getting it reset? as it is almost half of the speed quoted/paid for, i have read posts here that say the Ops can be helpful in getting this resolved?

during the signup i was also told if the speed were 'significantly' lower after the instalation, then BT would help get it sorted, does a 50% drop count as significant?

thanks in advance

Paul C

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Infinity new install speed drop after power cuts

Unlike ADSL with Infinity you need to leave the connection alone for up to 2 weeks and once the DLM see the line as stable again it should start to rise again
0 Ratings
satmanuk
Message 3 of 4

so it shouldnt stay there permenantly?

happy to wait a few weeks, but what do i do if it doesnt go back up? can BT even reset it?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

if it does not recover you will need an Openreach engineer visit out to carry out the reset
0 Ratings