cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
judders
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Infinity 'not available'...but I have fibre via PlusNet already?!

Hi all,

Long story short, I had BT Infinity, moved to PlusNet Fibre and now want to move back to BT. But when I called BT today they told me Infinity wasn't available! If I put my details into the BT online checker, I also get a not available result.

I've checked several other fibre BB checkers and they all return the same result too.

Given that I already have fibre - I'm using it to write this post - and have had BT Infinity previously, can anyone shed any light on what's going on? 

BT can't sign me up because their system will only allow them to sell me a regular BB contract. Frustrating to say the least!

Thanks,

Justin

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
UrbanGrunt
Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: Infinity 'not available'...but I have fibre via PlusNet already?!

Sounds like your cabinet is full, Openreach might add more space in the future if demand in your area is high.

0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 10

They dont need to add capacity. They probably stopped orders because its full. Not sure how you would go about migrating though. Maybe a mod would be able to advise.

0 Ratings
Checked2013
Expert
Message 4 of 10

What result do you get from the plusnet checkers? It's possible the checkers are not recognising your number as you are with plusnet, just a thought.

0 Ratings
judders
Beginner
Message 5 of 10

Thanks for the replies all.

The Plusnet checker won't work as it recognises I have an account already. I tried without a phone humber, but there's something strange going on with that too, as it just keeps going around in circles and never gives any results. Perhaps it recognises my address?

Even if the cabinet is full, it surely can't mean that I'm locked in forever, can it? 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

if the cabinet is full then all you can do is wait until OP see the upgrade of the cabinet is financially viable what does this checker say http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.TelephoneNumberOutput
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 10

Ask a friendly neighbour if you can input their BT telephone number into the checker. Would give a good idea if it was still available.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
judders
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

I have the phone number of a neighbour, but they're with TalkTalk, they get a 'not available' result too. Can't easily get hold of any other neighbours numbers to check, unfortunately.

Whilst I understand the cabinet may be full, I am one of the users currently filling the cabinet. I just want to change providers for my fibre BB. If what I'm starting to believe is true - BT systems will not allow you to move providers if the cabinet is full - surely that's illegal in some way?  

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

I think you can still move providers it is just that your new provider won't be able to get a line for you if the cabinet is full. Which in effect would mean that you would cancel with BT and be without a line until one becomes free, which could of course be your old line. However there could be a queue for lines and somebody else could get the line you have just vacated from BT

0 Ratings
ModernFamilyfan
Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Hi Judders are you on the plus net community site forums? I'm under northeasterner

Hope ur problem gets solved soon! I'm currently on bt infinity 2 and is okay
0 Ratings