cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
freddie5
Aspiring Expert
Message 31 of 86

Re: Infinity problems - can someone take a look??

My connection has been - IP profile 20.55Mbps, download speed approx 20Mbps for about 3 weeks now.

Then yesterday - IP profile 20.55Mbps, download speed approx 16Mbps.

Checked again this morning - IP profile 20.55Mbps, download speed approx 16Mbps.

Is this as you say an unstable line?? Cant understand how its been great for 3 weeks then it drops me back to 16Mbps.

If i leave it for a few days (a week) then power cycle both the modem and HH4 normally when rebooted it puts me back to 20Mbps again??

0 Ratings
freddie5
Aspiring Expert
Message 32 of 86

As predicted, rebooted my HH4 this morning and now showing an ip profile of 23.55Mbps with a download speed of 21.8Mbps.

This is more than my original speed estimate.

Pings have dropped too.

Second hop on a tracert shows 7ms and 8ms so that would indicate fast path whereas its

always been 15/16ms before.

Can only hope it remains like this and doesn't drop speed like normal.

0 Ratings
freddie5
Aspiring Expert
Message 33 of 86

Dropped again the other week to which i phoned up BT, they told me to reset my modem and router and bam - ip profile back up to 23Mbps, connected wirelessly at around 21Mbps.

Its just done the same, showing a big red line indicating i am out of the acceptable speed range, to which i have phoned up and he said he would send me a link to enable me to monitor my connection??

Still waiting for said e-mail.

They said it may be due to wireless but i find it hard to believe after a power cycle of modem and HH4 speeds go back to normal. No changing channel, no switching off halogen lights, etc. Everything was the same as it was before a power cycle.

In the meantime i have rebooted the modem and HH4 and guess what?? Speeds in excess of 20Mbps.

What is going on?? I am beginning to suspect i have either a dodgy install (Kelly Communications who it seemed couldn't get away fast enough) or a faulty modem.

Please can somebody offer me some help/explanation as to whats going on??

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
freddie5
Aspiring Expert
Message 34 of 86

Back to a speedtest reporting my speed is in the unacceptable range, approx 16Mbps when my ip profile reports 20.87Mbps.

Still waiting for some e-mail from the last support session on Feb 3rd.

And I used to think Virgin Media was bad.............
0 Ratings
freddie5
Aspiring Expert
Message 35 of 86

Now speedtest reports this -

Capture xxx.JPG

Whats happening?? It wouldnt be so bad if i had say, 50 Mbps, to start with and lose 5Mbps, but when you're estimated to get only 20 Mbps to begin with and lose a further 5Mbps its a big % loss.

Upload speed is always around 5 Mbps.

If i power down the modem and HH4 i can almost guarantee the speeds will be 20+ Mbps again.

0 Ratings
freddie5
Aspiring Expert
Message 36 of 86

Now we cant even watch BBC iplayer on our TV (wired directly to the HH4) without the buffering circle appearing every few seconds.

One of the reasons we moved to BT Infinity was to get BT sport so we could watch Moto GP, thats gonna be fun if its continually showing the buffering circle every 5 seconds.

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 86

Hi freddie5,

Thanks for posting. I can look into this for you. Drop me an email with the details. You'll find the "contact us" form in the about me section of my profile. 

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
freddie5
Aspiring Expert
Message 38 of 86

Thank you. Details sent.

Although speeds seem to have returned to approx 20Mbps.

This is a wireless test performed a minute ago -

Which is pretty much what i normally get, connected wirelessly, baring in mind i'm estimated to get 21.6 wired  i consider that too be pretty good.

Another one for good measure -

0 Ratings
freddie5
Aspiring Expert
Message 39 of 86

Well, that didn't last long.

speedtest feb 26.JPG

Back into the 14/15 Mbps range, albeit tested wirelessly from my PC, but my PS4 which is connected via ethernet cable reports similar speeds.

Compare these results to my last post -

0 Ratings
freddie5
Aspiring Expert
Message 40 of 86

Upon looking at my event log, i see this recorded event keeps cropping up, 4 times so far today.

wlan0: STA (Homehub 4 MAC address removed) IEEE 802.11: WiFi registration failed

Anyone know what it means??

0 Ratings