cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 81 of 86

Re: Infinity problems - can someone take a look??

No, it just has pretty colours on the connectors.

0 Ratings
freddie5
Aspiring Expert
Message 82 of 86

I thought they were a different configuration - crossover cables as opposed to patch cables, or vice versa.

Anyway, i'm hopefully waiting on a replacement HH4 if the BT helpline operator can be believed.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 83 of 86

It is a patch/straight through cable. Crossover cables were only used to connect computers together but are rarely used nowadays. 

freddie5
Aspiring Expert
Message 84 of 86

I'll see if a hub turns up, or a BT representative gets in touch as I believe either the hub itself or ethernet is faulty and after all its less than 12 months old and therefore within the warranty period.
0 Ratings
freddie5
Aspiring Expert
Message 85 of 86

Well, the chap who i struggled to understand yesterday when i phoned at about 6:30pm to report my HH4 issue, said he would phone me after they had monitored my line for 24 hours has failed to call me back this evening to see how my connection has been without anyone moving my hub or playing with the WAN connection.

I find the lack of customer support simply outrageous, why say they would phone me and then not bother?? Do they just expect me to waste the best part of an hour to go through the tedious process of explaining my issue all over again??

Do BT actually care about customer satisfaction??

Or have they got that many customers they dont care if they lose a few now and then.

My connection will have been fine for the past 24 hours but i can, by either simply moving the HH4 or by "wiggling" the WAN plug in the back of the HH4, disconnect my internet connection on demand.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 86 of 86

Have you tried another cable yet?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings