cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NoobSaibot
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 14

Re: Infinity slowing down gradually

Net's at its fastest and most resposive at around 3 in the mornnings. So yeah the more connections the slower it gets...  when it's really busy speeds can drop below 0.6

Just concerning that the system is so frail.

And this just peple logging on to their facebook's

Imagine everyone streaming at the same time.

0 Ratings
andy_mitchelluk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 14

Ok, so my internet cut off this morning and came back on a LOT lower than usual.

I've noticed that my noise margin has shot up all of a sudden after a morning of rain.

Is there anything I can do about the noise margin or is that something an engineer would need to look at?

I'm using a short cable from the Fibre port on the MK1 faceplate straight to the HH5 and I only ever use ethernet connections.

3. Firmware version:Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.173.1.6 (Type A) Last updated 02/05/14
4. Board version:BT Hub 5A
5. VDSL uptime:0 days, 07:43:44
6. Data rate:18971 / 41410
7. Maximum data rate:28414 / 76241
8. Noise margin:6.0 / 10.3
9. Line attenuation:0.0 / 14.4
10. Signal attenuation:0.0 / 14.4
0 Ratings
andy_mitchelluk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 14

Just did a test over at http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ and the download speed came back in the red 1t 39.88 Mbps.

I then followed the instructions to change my router login to enable me to do a tap3 test but it wouldn't work.

I successfully changed the login to speedtest@speedtest_domain and it connected but in Firefox, Chrome and IE11 all I got was "unable to connect to the internet" when I tried clicking the "Go" button on the speedtester diagnostics page.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 14

I repeat what I said in message three, you need an engineer out to investigate the problem with your line.

0 Ratings