cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Sage
Message 11 of 21

Re: Infinity speed drop

Sorry, I don't know what happened with the link.

Your noise margin is indicative of a fault somewhere and as your speed is lower than the handback threshold they should send an engineer to investigate.

I'm assuming you have tried connecting directly to the test socket to rule out any internal problem.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 21

Try one reboot of your router.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 21

Thanks for that. Yes, I have been through all the tests with BT support at least twice and changed the filter for a new one. The second time the guy was very helpful and arranged a visit. It was cancelled the day after by Openreach because they said they had found an exchange fault and fixed it. I had a similar problem 3 years ago after a thunder storm. We had a storm a couple of weeks back with a lightning strike less than a 1/4 of a mile away. My guess is it did some damage somewhere. How do I get them to arrange a visit?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 21

I did a reboot and the figures were worse 13.9 / 13.2

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 21

The fact the attainable rate is good suggests there’s not a fault on the line, but that DLM has restricted your line due to what it has seen as a possible line contition historically.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 21

How do i get it unrestricted?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 21

By waiting for DLM to automatically restore your speed when it is satisfied your line can cope I'm afraid.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 21

I am really confused now, somebody has said there is a noise fault and we need an engineer to come out. Others have said it is OK and just needs time although it has been a week so far. I called faults again, they did a test, called back and have booked an engineer straight off so presumably there is a fault.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 21

What you have to remember is folks on here don't have access to the 24/7 stats for your line so everything is best guess from what is available. Either you have an intermittent recurring line fault that is still present and will need an engineer visit to rectify, or the fault has been cleared and DLM will eventually restore your speed.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 20 of 21

DLM action or not the OP has cause to request an engineer due to speed being below handback threshold

0 Ratings