Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

Infinity speed dropped after hub "upgrade"

Go to solution

Hi all - first post, so apologies for any protocol breaches 😉

A few weeks ago I got one of the usual "we have an offer for you" emails. This time it was to upgrade to the new Smart Hub/HH6. I already had a HH5, but as it was free, thought I'd give it a go.

Prior to changing over, my download/upload speeds were pretty good at 68-ish/19-ish - as I'd expect as I live about 40 yards from the cabinet.

So I switched the hubs over.

Subsequently the Smart Hub went through a nightmare period of dropping connection every 20-30 minutes over a 2 day period. I was in contact with BT customer service who sent out a new one - which promptly did the same.

As a result I chalked it up as a learning experience and went back to the HH5.

BUT

My download speed is now 40 tops, and upload is 9. It looks like the sync rate/IP profile or whatever it is called has dropped to 42 down, 9.5 up, with SNR margin in the 20s.

Would this have been down to the Smart Hub instability reading as line instability, and if so, why won't it go back up now the (stable as a rock) HH5 is back in charge?

Posting from work so can't do logs at present...

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Infinity speed dropped after hub "upgrade"

Go to solution
The connection has likely been limited, or banded as it's known, by the Dynamic Line Management software due to the instability.

Leave the hub 5 on and the speeds will return. This can however take a number of weeks.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution
Had a feeling from looking around that it might be that. Frustrating that it takes only a few hours to drop, but weeks to go back up. Annoying that the profile can't be remotely reset as well.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution
Agreed on all points 🙂
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’