Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mdenny
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Infinity speed dropped following BT engineer work that broke my phone line

During some recent work on neighbours phone line when the BT Engineer replaced a telephone pole the BT engineers managed to damage my phone line, after five days without phone or broadband they repaired the line but now my infinity speed is down to 4 to 5 Mb where previously it was 30 to 40Mb on an 80/20 circuit. When speak to BT they try to fob me off saying that is the max line speed where clearly before the BT engineers broke the line it was far higher. I want this fixed but being told its the settling in period is rubbish and if 5mb is the max speed now then that is unacceptable since my previous adsl speed was higher and I will be force to cancel infinity.

How do I get a line check for the VDSL to find this fault.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Infinity speed dropped following BT engineer work that broke my phone line

See this link

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

Run the speed check then the further diagnostics to get your IP profile for up and down.

0 Ratings
mdenny
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Thank gg30340 but I had already run mutliple line checks and they all come out the same at about 4.8mb which is a massive drop from what I have previously until BT engineers broke the cable or according to the engineer who actually fixed it said the have mixed up the wires. Now I am stuck with 4.8Mb on an 80/20 circuit it is just ridulculas and BT customer services just dont help. BT attitude is in that they say it works and no matter how slow it runs it is not their problems long as it runs. It seems difficult to get someone out to check the circuit now.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

What was the IP profiles for up and down?

It may be that the DLM (Dynamic Line Management) has kicked in and dropped your line speed. If it has it should slowly climb back up to the best speed the line can support. This can take up to 3 or 4 weeks.

0 Ratings
mdenny
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Well after hours on the phone to BT trying to get this resolved I finally managed to get though to the exchange people who sent out an engineer and supprise supprise they said my infinity was running slowly, the engineer called though to get the DLM reset and its working perfect now with up to 50mb throughput on the broadband speed test.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Glad its sorted for you.

0 Ratings