cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ney
Expert
Message 1 of 6

Infinity speed question

I'm on Infinity 2 and I'm mostly happy with it. For a good while now my download speeds have been between 71.4mb and 74.6mb but in the last few days my download speed has dropped to between 61.5mb and 66.7mb. I know that may still seem on ok download speed but was wondering why my speed seems to have dropped. BT TV via Youview that I also have still seems to be working ok.

Darren
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Infinity speed question

Most likely to be crosstalk.

Have a read of this http://www.increasebroadbandspeed.co.uk/2014/vectoring-crosstalk-crisis

0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 3 of 6

@licquorice wrote:

Most likely to be crosstalk.

Have a read of this http://www.increasebroadbandspeed.co.uk/2014/vectoring-crosstalk-crisis

Good to see others are allowed to post that link Smiley LOL

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Don't know whether I am or not, I've posted it a couple of times and don't think it has been deleted. Have you had it deleted?

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 5 of 6

First I have heard of this crosstalk. If I phone BT about my speed I know I will just be told that anything over 60mb is a good speed for my line.
Just seems strange it has dropped when it was over 70mb for a good while.
Only other time I seen it drop like this was two Christmas ago and BT made an excuse of it being a busy time of the year for people going online.

Darren
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

It could just be as simple as adding another customer on a pair that particularly impacts your pair. My max rate has dropped from about 60M when I was about the first in the cable to about 46M now everybody has Infinity in our road.

0 Ratings