cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mazzy2u
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Infinity when?

OK, so no one seems to know exactly when inifnity is (or isnt) going to be available to me. Was supposed to be 30/9 but thats been and gone. Someone, somewhere should know a date when its going to be available or not. Checked the Openreach postcode/phone checker, and the exchange has been enabled for about 7 months. Can anyone help?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Infinity when?

when you use the phone checker does it say available or give an estimated date probably 31/3/14

your cabinet needs to be upgraded not just the exchnage before you can get fibre

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Use this checker to find the exchange and cabinet number you are connected to, it will be at the top of the page 

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

then email Openreach at  nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk  asking when everything will be upgraded. It may take them a couple of weeks but they will reply.

0 Ratings
mazzy2u
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

When I use the phone checker, it says that its taking orders, but nothing else. There is a new cabinet (slim green one) next to the original cabinet, so I am assuming that its for infinity. Apart from that, I suppose its a waiting game. Although there is a major train station between the cabinet and the exchange, and that might be a bit of a problem.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

was that using your phone number as it would normally say FTTC available or a date when it is estimated

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Checked2013
Expert
Message 6 of 6

@mazzy2u wrote:

When I use the phone checker, it says that its taking orders, but nothing else. There is a new cabinet (slim green one) next to the original cabinet, so I am assuming that its for infinity. Apart from that, I suppose its a waiting game. Although there is a major train station between the cabinet and the exchange, and that might be a bit of a problem.

Please could you post a screenshot of the checker?

0 Ratings