cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_i
Contributor
Message 31 of 38

Re: Infinity1 new contract said "Up to 76Mb" - how long before it changes from 52Mb to 76M

So you will get some happy infinity 1 customers, and a lot of hacked off infinity 2 customers who were foolish enough to pay for the premium product that was then given away free.  And a bunch of uncertainty for everyone.  Seems a very poorly thought out strategy.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 38

Re: Infinity1 new contract said "Up to 76Mb" - how long before it changes from 52Mb to 76M

@_i wrote:

So you will get some happy infinity 1 customers, and a lot of hacked off infinity 2 customers who were foolish enough to pay for the premium product that was then given away free.  And a bunch of uncertainty for everyone.  Seems a very poorly thought out strategy.

To save everybody rehashing the same old arguments and moans have a look through this thread which was posted when the "upgrade" was announced.

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/Free-speed-upgrade-for-Infinity-1-customers...

0 Ratings
stevewest1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 38

0 Ratings
stevewest1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 34 of 38

Neither will a lot of old customers who were with BT before September.
0 Ratings
gt94sss2
Aspiring Expert
Message 35 of 38

@NeilO wrote:

@rogc We're seeking clarification on this but please send in your details on the contact the mods team as it will help with our investigations.  You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

@NeilO

Is there any update on this? I am another customer in a similar position as @rogc + my line was also not automatically given the speed boost though it would have benefitted from the increase.

Could it be that our lines should have got the free speed boost but were accidentally omitted for some reason - and the bespoke offers screen thinks our lines have already had the speed increase? (My brothers line which did have the speed boost also says 'upto 76mb' on Infinity 1 on the bespoke offers page')

Happy to send you our details as well if that would help.

thanks (& happy new year!)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
miggle
Beginner
Message 36 of 38

Hi, I got a personalised deal which said the same thing, BT Infinity 1 upto 76mb.

On completion it says 52mb even though the order confirmation says I'll get at least 56mb.
0 Ratings
stevewest1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 37 of 38

Your chances of getting the increased speed is virtually 0% but when your 18 month contract is due up or BT decide to increase prices yo will be free to go elsewhere. I am very pleased with my service with BT but not to happy with the lies on the website when I started my new 18 month contract. I will mention it to them when my TV max finishes in April.

0 Ratings
stevewest1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 38 of 38

I have received a letter today to say my BT TV discount soon ends and that I can renew it to get BT Max for £13 a month on a 24 month contract.  I think now will be a good time to ask why I never got the free  upgrade to 76 Mbs.

0 Ratings