cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Padman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Infinity2 ... actual speed 21mb less than quoted attainable?

Go to solution

ordered infinity2 on 15th May and speedcheck showed max attainable 67mb/d 20mb/up.

Engineer installed today (29th May) and only recieving actual of 46mb/d 9mb/up ...

is this normal on first day or am I missing something?

On h/h 3a ...

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Infinity2 ... actual speed 21mb less than quoted attainable?

Go to solution
the speed check is only an estimate the actual speed will never be known until the service goes live there are may reasons for the lower speed
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Run the speedtest at http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ and after the test choose ‘Further Diagnostics’ and post the speeds and the profiles that this gives.  That will give us more detail about where speed may be being lost.

Are you testing wired or wireless?

0 Ratings
Padman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

btwholesale speedtest running wired connection ...

down speed 45.78 ... max attainable 47.15 (???) ... profile 47.15

up speed 10.62 ... max attainable 20 ... profile 20 ...

far from the quote I was given before ordering Infinity2 unlimited, with only 47mbs attainable I could have gone with infinity1 and saved a tenner a month !!?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Here is a link to the Terms & Conditions, if you click on the link "Infinity" in the paragraph The services provide, it gives you the T&C for Infinity and as John46 has said, they only estimate the speed and will be that fasted speed the line will support. I guess that their get out will be that your line can not support a stable faster connection.

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/dynamicmodules/pagecontentfooter/pageContentF...

0 Ratings
openwm
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

the speed is worked out on your dp's post code so if you 5-10-15 poles away from dp then hence different speeds 

0 Ratings
Padman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks for the replies guys, just contacted BT online help as my phone/handset is no longer working since Infinity installation (cord line fault) Told there is a line fault close to premises and will require engineer visit (could take up tp 03/06, don't know if it's related to Infinity) so now no landline either!! 😞

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution
the problem could be related just recheck after the line fault is cleared
0 Ratings
Padman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Update ...

over 24 hrs has elapsed and no phone call or email from BT.

After being with them for less than a week, I've so far waited in all day for a delivery which didn't happen, with no notification of changes, got a sub-standard wifi signal, (because of a sub-standard h/h?), a 21mbs reduction in speed quoted upon signing up (btwholesale test still shows 66,8 mbs), a dodgy handset (sounds like a gimmicky mike used by comedians ... a 6500 also purchased when ordering infinity2) and no phone connection in or out ....

After 7+ years with my previous provider and ZERO problems ... Welcome back to BT ...

0 Ratings
Padman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Ok, now I gotta eat the proverbial 'pooh' ...

A 'REAL' Openreach engineer turned up at 2:00pm today and promptly diagnosed the fault within a few minutes ...

a quick test showed the fault was in the cabinet.  The previous 'engineer' (subcontractor) had not inserted one of the wires into a scotchlock connector fully before crimping it, then didn't do a line check before leaving ...

I now have 76mbs/d 20mbs/up and a phone which has outgoing/incoming calls ...

Thanks BT for listening, and thanks Openreach for doing ...

0 Ratings