cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeax
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Infinity2 - current predicted speeds are 36 d/l 6 u/l -worth upgrade?

I recently ordered bt infinity after moving homes, had it in my old home before infinity2 came about, and so im being told my predicted speeds are 36 down, 6 up. Does this mean i cant get infinity 2? Or is this based on the inormal infinity line, and if i was to go for infinity2 it would be more like 60 up 12 down? Or would it be the same as it is cureently.

I havent had infinity installed yet (will be installed this friday) but when i click the can i get infinity amd put in my number, those are the results that come up

Is there somewhere else to check for infinity2? (doesnt it work differently? When i had it before and was reading about the ip profile changing people where saying if you had like a 30 dl before when they double speeds it would mean ud get about 60) I couldnt find this specific information on the forum anywhere else (if its somewhere obvious i appologize!!) just trying to do as much research as i can before its installed so i can ask the engineers a bit more! Since we only get to see the once, may as well make the most of it! 😄
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Infinity2 - current predicted speeds are 36 d/l 6 u/l -worth upgrade?

Retrospectively it won't be effectively double speeds, some have increased double, some haven't. What are you estimates in the Infinity checker? http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=29017&s_cid=con_FURL_...
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
Jeax
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Hey thanks for the reply,

It says 36.2 down and 6up, so is that including the upto 76 then? I should note, the home i moved into is on a brand new road and has a brand new box, so isnt that speed estimate based on nearby speeds? Since i think ill be the first (or one of the first) people connected to the box to get infinity.

Think i may be starting to clutch at straws to trick myself into thinking ill get that amazing 76 download speed 😄 haha
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 4 of 4

The Infinity checker includes the 76Mb download speeds yes, if there is a new box nearby it may be that your not connected to it, seems like your connected to one much further away.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings