cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zebeedee
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Infinity3 Hub connection problems

Our local area recently experienced a power cut (April 24).

After the power came back, my Infinity3 hub is exhibiting the following problems:

It refuses to connect with the internet when an Ethernet cable is connected directly from my laptop. The cable is confirmed as good - used on another person's setup to verify.

Wi-fi is working to a point. If downloading a large file, say the recent Linix distributon ISO or streaming video from iPlayer then the Wi-fi signal randomy disconnects causing several expletives and curses to be cast in BT's general direction.

At the time of posting I know there is a broadband connection issue in my area but this hub issue pre-dates this.

Just for the sake of it, I conducted a quiiet line test on the phoneline and that came back as good. 

Cannot get any ADSL stats when following the proceedure here at ADSL Statistics Guide as the hub won't recognise an Ethernet cable connection on any of the 4 ports. WLAN settings are visable but there's only 2 lines showing the Line state and Connection time (no "details" button to click on). 

Is my hub on it's way to silicon heaven and a replacement needed? 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
NewtronStar
Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Infinity3 Hub connection problems

Just to rule out ethernet problems on the PC side, at the ethernet port you will see 2 ethernet led indicators one is connection it should be steady green the other is activity blinking red or orange.

0 Ratings
Zebeedee
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Yes, confirmed ... I can see a steady green light at the PC's ethernet port and an occasionally blinking red light.

Also checked for any hardware/driver problems via Windows 7's device manager and it reports no problems there.

0 Ratings
NewtronStar
Expert
Message 4 of 6

It does sound like you need a new Router from BT as you should be able to get into the router UI using 192.168.1.254 via lan cable, it could have got a spike of electric when your power came back on and damaged the router.

The Mods should be able to help you get a replacement router, I don't have their Link at hand but other members will be able to supply that for you.

Zebeedee
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for your help and advise NewtonStar, it's appreciated! Smiley Happy

*Addendum*

Found how to contact the mods - wish they could make it a bit easier to find though, perhaps a sticky thread in each subforum with relevant links might help? Just a thought ...

0 Ratings
Zebeedee
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Still nothing sorted out after reporting this.

One nice letter claiming that I had a replacement modem hub3 delivered recently arrived in the post  ... shame the hub3 hasn't!

0 Ratings