Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nahoya
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Inifinity 1 slow and dropping

Hi

I've got inifinity 1 which should be fibre optic running at 38 Mbps and it's only doing up to 17Mbps at max. The upload is slow and even the Bt speed test is not able to pick up that it is a fibre optic connection and does not allow me to check the speed on the website and I had to do it through the speedtest.net. The customer serive told me that there is a prb with the line and they will fix it within 24 hours and it's been more than 48 hours now and I can not afford waiting longer as I have to do studies online and I've missed enough because of dropping internet connection. It's very inconvenient for me that I've picked this service for a purpose and it is not doing what it should do and getting to the help desk through the phone is a nightmare.

Can someone tell me what's wrong here and why is the service is not doing what is says it can do?

Noha

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Nahoya
Beginner
Message 2 of 12

Re: Inifinity 1 slow and dropping

Picture1.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

That looks like its a fttp not a fttc tester? Is there a different tester for the two products?
0 Ratings
markyd91
Contributor
Message 4 of 12

Looking at that your using the wrong tester, unless you have fibre direct to your home?
0 Ratings
Nahoya
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

Even with the speed test.net the speed is slower than what I should get with my bundle of fibre optic infinity1 I purchased.
0 Ratings
shirts
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 12

Can you put your telephone number into http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome and post the results (after removing your telephone number) ?

Can you log-in to your homehub and post the first 12 lines that show under the "helpdesk" tab, assuming that is, that you have a Homehub 5 ?

If you found this post helpful, then please click the star on the left, after all, I'm only trying to help........Smiley Wink
0 Ratings
Nahoya
Beginner
Message 7 of 12

Infinity 1.jpg

0 Ratings
Nahoya
Beginner
Message 8 of 12

Infinity 2.jpg

0 Ratings
Nahoya
Beginner
Message 9 of 12

Hi Shirt:

Thanks for the reply. let me know what you think on these images I've sent. I do appreciate your help.

0 Ratings
Nahoya
Beginner
Message 10 of 12

These are far from the download and the upload speed I should be getting plus the frequently dropping connection.

Inifinity 4.jpg

0 Ratings