cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Installation question (Full Fibre)

Go to solution

I have a an engineer scheduled soon to install my full fibre broadband. I was just wondering if they'll need access to the main phone socket, as I've read somewhere  that they'll upgrade(?) it, but when I click on the link to a video on what they'll do on the day, it doesn't mention anything about accessing the master phone socket.

I only ask as in my house the socket is located in the corner of the living room and there is furniture blocking it, will I need to move the furniture so they have access?

Also I'm not having a phone line connected, or highly doubt I ever will.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Installation question (Full Fibre)

Go to solution

are you getting Digital Voice when you get FTTP?

engineer does not need access to master socket for FTTP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thank you for the quick reply.

To be honest I have no idea what digital voice is, and I don't think I've seen it mentioned anywhere in the ordering process of full fibre. So my guess is no, I'm not getting digital voice. All I ordered is Full Fibre 500

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Digital Voice is replacing existing phone connection and will be using the SH2 as a dect base station and calls will be VOIP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Ohhhh, I see now. No, I'm not having that.

0 Ratings