cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Installing Full Fibre

I would like to install full fibre at my property and need to know how far the new cable needs to run.

Currently my phone line enters the property and then runs under floors (which are now sealed and cannot be disturbed) back out of the property again and to my office in the garden when the current router is.

What I need to understand is where the new boxes need to be situated and does the fibre cable physically need to be routed to the new box?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Installing Full Fibre

@pixelpilot 

You need to contact Openreach about this. This is just a BT Retail Customer forum.

You would need to have an active order with a provider like BT, first.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Thanks, I thought that this may be an Openreach issue but I can;'t seem to find the right place to get in touch, doe you have an email address, telephone number I could use?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

When the existing Copper Cable exits the back of your property to your shed is it ducted, Openreach approved 56 Duct or is it duct you’ve put in or it it Direct in Ground, aka buried?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

@pixelpilot wrote:

Thanks, I thought that this may be an Openreach issue but I can;'t seem to find the right place to get in touch, doe you have an email address, telephone number I could use?

Who have you placed your FTTP order with?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

No one yet, I am just checking this before committing

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Hi it's a big thick SWA type cable, it is underground for part of the run..
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

@pixelpilot wrote:

No one yet, I am just checking this before committing

Then I cannot see you making any progress, as Openreach will not do anything without an order, unless you pay upfront for a survey.

Unless you are intending to place an order with BT retail, then you would need to post on your chosen ISPs forum. This BT Retail forum has no connection with Openreach. I assume you already have a working phone line, so it would make sense to contact your provider.

For Openreach, you could start here https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support

Or https://www.openreach.com/building-developers-and-projects/fibre-for-developers/guides-and-handbooks

0 Ratings