Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 11 of 35

Re: Installing third party router

Go to solution

I know this isn't the same model as your's but I was wondering if some of this may be helpful

https://www.asus.com/uk/support/FAQ/1005485/

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 35

Go to solution

Hmm well Ive entered the email address that was provided to me from earlier in the thread but , I just typed a random password in. I dont know if thats incorrect or there is something not communicating between the modem and router, no matter what I do, it still states that the cable is disconnected.

Auto detection does not work, it states that the WAN needs to be connected so, Im doing this the manual way too little effect.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 35

Go to solution

It was not an email address it was the username you need to enter into your router before it will connect to BT broadband

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 35

Go to solution

Apologies but, that is what I was referring to - ' bthomehub@btbroadband.com '

It wont allow me to progress without a password so, I just used ' BT'

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 35

Go to solution

I installed one of these routers less than 2 hours ago and it was up and running in less than 5 minutes. 

The ‘WAN’ cables comes from your fibre modem ‘ONT’ and goes to the blue ‘WAN’ socket on the router itself. 

Once you connect to the ASUS wifi network and open a browser window you will get the admin/admin page, then click on ‘new connection’, it will auto select PPPoe and you just enter bthomehub@btbroadband.com and bt for the password. Simple as that  

It will only work it you have a separate modem, the router does not have one built in. 

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 35

Go to solution

@Sneakybeaky  Suggest you factory reset the Asus and start again from scratch following the steps taken by @Pilot25dmc 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 35

Go to solution

Hi,

This is the step I followed except there is no auto selecting of anything. I have to manually do it because it thinks the cable isnt connected.  I select PPPoe as in my photo, then I enter the same details you do. the PORT 1 led on the OTN remains off and Im left with the cable is disconnected prompt on the GUI
I take the cable from the left ethernet port on the OTN and plug it into the blue ethernet port on the router.

@licquorice  Already done mate. 

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 35

Go to solution

Are you sure it isn't a faulty Ethernet cable, or is it the same cable that works ok with a Home Hub?

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 35

Go to solution

Aye Ive checked and test with other cables. I guess I could look at the firmware?

0 Ratings