cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kalamazoo
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Insufficient bandwidth?

Hi. These questions may have been asked before but I have two specific questions which the customer service people simply don't get.

When watching Amazon Video we sometimes get buffering and a message saying there is insuffucient bandwidth to carry on. All there is connected at that time is the BT box, one ipad and one iphone. Surely my super duper BB with unlimited fibre Infinity 2 and a HH 5 should be able to cope with that?

Also would it actually help if the box was connected via ethernet cable directly to the hub? The only reason it isn't at the moment is that it's a long distance from one to the other and not terribly practical.

All I want from someone in the know is a simple answer to these questions. Too much to ask?!!! TIA.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Insufficient bandwidth?

We'll need a bit more info to give a reasoned responce.

Post lines 1-12 from the HH5 Troubleshooting/helpdesk page.

Enter your phone no HERE and post a screenshot of the result. (remove your phone no before posting)

Go HERE and run a speed test, once the first test completes click on Further Diagnostics and post a screenshot of that result.

Let us have the above and we can provide you with answers.

BTW ethernet connection is always the best, cable length up to 100mts will not suffer degredation.

0 Ratings
kalamazoo
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Will do my best, not very tech minded but will have a go. Thanks.
0 Ratings
kalamazoo
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

A brief update and a thank you to you for reading and responding. I confess I couldnt work out how to do the things you asked so decided to brave support again! He checked the line etc and decided that my speeds were slightly lower than they should be so offered to send an engineer out to me, at a possible cost of course! I asked him the question about direct connection and he said it would give me a more stable connection, so I managed to navigate my way round the house with the cable and clips, and unplugged the two pwerline adaptors. Having tested out both Netflix and Amazon they both seem to be working ok at the moment, so we are going to try them out for a few days and see what happens, and if they play up again I will contact BT again and say they can send someone out to check the system, but I won't be paying for it! Many thanks.

0 Ratings