cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Interleaving G.Fast

Recently been out onto Fibre/G.Fast

2 engineers have been out and a few calls with BT directly and still not managed to see if there is a fix to the high ping/latency I am getting every 5 minutes or so when I’m on my PS5 now.

Usually sits at 40ms which is fine but spikes fo 170ms+ now. 

does anyone know if interleaving can be switched off. Ultrafast Hub is being delivered as that had been suggested but I don’t think it will fix it 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Interleaving G.Fast

Interleaving should be off for FTTC, speak with BT and ask them to check your settings.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Have you tried connecting the PS5 directly to the openreach box via a cable?

I'm getting 3-4ms ping times with TalkTalk G.Fast product (I'm here because my contract is almost up and Im thinking of moving to BT)

40ms seems very very slow... Have you tried pinging other services ie ping 8.8.8.8 to see if the response is quicker? It could just be that the game servers you're connecting to are overloaded and therefore have a slow response time.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for the reply.

It wasn’t on before G-Fast but now is, been back and forth with BT for a month. No one knows what interleaving is or who can turn it off or if it can be turned off.

No one is addressing the Ping/Latency issue as they keep saying the download and upload speed is where it should be
0 Ratings