cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lowei
Expert
Message 1 of 11

Interleaving OFF

Am i right in thinking i could go with plusnet pro fibre and get interleaving turned off, but bt infinity dont have that option at the moment? And if so why not?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Interleaving OFF

The fibre service by all isps is provided by Openreach and they say that interleaving is permanently on to all ISP's In most cases users ping time is already very low any way mine is typical <15ms with interleaving on
0 Ratings
lowei
Expert
Message 3 of 11

Plusnet pro is available on there fibre product which turns interleave off, my infinity line has been down to 15ms but over the last month is now above 25ms,

If other providers have the option why doesn't BT?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

Openreach say no it is not down to BT Retail they have no control over the network i have looked at that ISP's web site and cannot see where they say interleaving can be turned off
0 Ratings
lowei
Expert
Message 5 of 11

When ordering the option for the plusnet pro is there on the fibre product.

If you goggle plusnet pro fibre you will find quiet a few post from there forums about this

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Quinny01
Contributor
Message 6 of 11

I asked PlusNet If the pro service was available on their fibre products and they confirmed by email it is... Also when you go thought the order sequence it allows you to add it.. Extra £5 per month if I remember correctly. I asked the question many months ago when I was on the Infinty 40/20 service mind.... Not sure if is still available.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

hi the link does not work sorry
0 Ratings
lowei
Expert
Message 8 of 11

Screen Shot 2012-07-30 at 22.31.44.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

just says low latency nothing else and as I posted it is normally low any way therefore that is why Openreach say No
0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 11

Interleaving is automated but it does start on fastpath. If your line is slightly unstable it will be enabled. From there the interleaving depth increases as the dlm sees fit.

Mine is currently on fastpath and I hope it stays that way.

0 Ratings